EZ-IO® Needle + Stabilizer Kit provides rapid, smooth entry into the bone’s medullary cavity, creating an immediate conduit to the central circulation. The intraosseous (IO) space is a specialized area of the vascular system where blood flow is rapid and continues even during shock. Drugs and fluids infused via the intraosseous route reach the central circulation as quickly as those administered through standard IV access.
The EZ-IO® Needle + Stabilizer Kit contains a 15GA needle that is constructed with 304-stainless steel and includes a patented cutting tip. Insertion is gentle, fast and relatively painless, and is particularly beneficial for casualties that may require multiple IV sticks to obtain vascular access for medication. Each kit includes a 15 ga sterile Arrow® EZ-IO® Needle, EZ-Stabilizer™ Dressing, EZ-Connect® Extension Set, Patient Wrist Band, and NeedleVISE® 1 Port Sharps Block.
15mm PD Needle Kit (Pink) - Designed for permitting easy access through the softer bones of pediatric patients, the 3 – 39 kg needle is shorter in length than the 25 and 45mm needles.
25 mm AD Needle Kit (Blue) - Designed for any casualties greater than 3 kg or for those who have too much tissue over the insertion site for the 15 mm needle set to be used.
45 mm LD Needle Kit (Yellow) - Designed for patients weighing more than 40 kg (85 lbs.) or for those who have excessive tissue over the targeted insertion site (e.g. edema, large musculature, obesity). The 45mm LD Needle Set provides the length to effectively gain access to the intraosseous space on most patients and is ideal for the humerus site.
- FAST: Vascular access and good flow in 90 seconds 2
- EFFICIENT: 97% first-attempt access success rate 3
- SAFE: <1% serious complication rate 1
- EZ-IO Needle + Stabilizer Kits Components:
- 15 gauge
- 304-stainless steel design
- Black indicator lines are located at 5 mm increments from the hub for assessing insertion depth.
- EZ-Stabilizer™ Dressing
- EZ-Connect® IV extension set
- Wristband (pink for extremity alert)
- NeedleVise® 1 Port Sharps Block
- Designed for use with any EZ-IO® Power Driver
- Battery power makes insertion effortless and controlled
- Effectively delivers fluids and medications within seconds.
- Drug delivery equivalent to central venous catheter
- Effective, safe, multi-site placement for combat casualties
- Requires minimal additional equipment or resources 4
- Equivalent to IV for effectively delivering fluids and medications within seconds
**FEDERAL SALES ONLY. Please contact us or request a quote to place an order for all EZ-IO products.**