A single package that contains two Halo Vented Chest Seals and sized to fit well in IFAK pouches. Tension pneumothorax is the second leading cause of preventable death in military environments, chest seals are designed to treat these injuries. The Halo Vented Chest Seals are easy to use and durable with a dependable adhesive.
- Contains 2 HALO Vents
- 4 vent positions assure that the vent will function and drain regardless of orientation
- Retains effectiveness when folded or crushed
- 6-year shelf life
- Manufactured in the USA
- HALO Gel
- Highly effective medical grade hydrogel that allows HALO Vent to stick in wet, bloody, sandy or harsh environments.
- Features scrim, a non-woven material that is added to the HALO hydrogel to keep the gel from migrating in high heat environments.
- Temperature range of -30° - 140° F.
- Outer Tape Edge
- Tape edge is more forgiving when handling with gloved or bare hands.
- Studies show that the outer tape edge has a wider operating temperature range and performs extremely well in freezing and elevated temperatures.
- Size and Shape
- Covers a greater surface area, and aids in coverage of larger, unpredictable wound patterns.
- Oval shape allows for greater adherence around the contours of the body.
- Large pull tab allows for effective placement and wound burping.
- Durable packaging is impenetrable to water, air, gases, and is puncture and tear resistant.
- Material can be used as an additional occlusive barrier, by using tape to secure the barrier.
- The package contains tear notches at all 4 corners.
Dimensions: 5.5" H x 6.5" W