MedMat® is a patented sterile procedural mat that fulfills a broad spectrum of clinical procedures' requirements for a sterile field. The unique two-layered patented system and attached waste bag, is designed to promote a more aseptic approach to infection control and to provide a barrier against cross contamination. MedMat® has been designed with a customized, highly absorbent, non-permeable top layer and an absorbent, non-permeable bottom layer which separates the "clean" and "dirty" stages of a procedure.
- Offers clinical protection with a two-layer system that enables compliance with aseptic non-touch technique (ANTT), and separates the "dirty" from the "clean" elements of the procedure.
- Improves the patient experience by containing all the waste created during the procedure in one "zone", and maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Consistent approach; you can recreate the same clean clinical area for each patient, in each setting, for each procedure, which provides a method and tool for standardization of a procedure with your clinical, surgical or response team.
- Reduces the risk of cross contamination and provides a barrier to infection forming an important addition to your armory in the battle against Hospital Care Acquired Infections.
- Provides a dual layered barrier system by isolating the surface on which you are conducting the procedure from the bacteria and bio-films that may be embedded on them.
- Unique, easy to use and ergonomically designed to simplify and standardize processes. This encourages good practice and leads the clinician through the steps of the procedure to assist with consistency.
Benefits of using the MedMat®:
- Easier isolation of waste with its attached integral, sealable waste bag
- More efficient fluid absorbency
- Maintains a sterile field and works to prevent cross contamination
- Aseptic approach and good practice
- Improves procedure time
- Protects patients from biofilms on surfaces
- Higher quality for better results, yet cost effective!
Dimensions: 33.5" W x 27.5" L
Dimensions: 6" W x 8" L (packaged)
Weight: 6 oz
Find a trainer near you.