*** This Product Cannot Be Shipped Internationally
The Veterinary SAM® Splint
Acclaimed by veterinarians, the Veterinary SAM® Splint is the gold standard in splinting. The Veterinary SAM® Splint is built from a thin core of aluminum alloy, sandwiched between two layers of closed-cell foam. The aluminum core in the veterinary version is twice as thick as in the regular SAM® Splint. The Veterinary SAM® Splint is extremely pliable. Bent into any of three simple curves, it becomes extremely strong and supportive for any fractured or injured limb.
The SAM® Splint is based on an ancient construction principle: curves are strong
SAM® stands for: Structural, Sluminum, and Malleable. The splint is exceptionally pliable and when bent into a simple curve, it becomes strong and supportive for any fractured or injured limb. The splint is extremely moldable, and soft enough to cut with ordinary household scissors.
Use of the SAM® Splint in veterinary medicine
The Veterinary SAM® Splint is a radiolucent immobilization device, well accepted for use in humans and has been carefully evaluated and improved to meet the unique requirements of veterinary medicine.
Who Uses the SAM® Splint?
From outer space to the depths of the ocean, in all conditions of weather and terrain, the SAM® Splint is the emergency splint of choice for:
- EMS personnel
- Military medics
- Athletic trainers
- Ski patrols
- Wilderness rescue teams
- Outdoor adventurers
- Safety engineers
- Lightweight and compact (4 oz. for 4.25" x 36" strip)
- Radiolucent (does not have to be removed for X-rays)
- Can be rolled or folded for easy storage in emergency kits/backpacks
- Fastens in place with tape or wrap. No extra equipment needed.
- Not affected by extreme temperatures or altitudes. Even works underwater!
- Closed-pore, impermeable foam surface allows easy cleaning and disinfection. Material is compatible with all standard cleaning solutions.
- Will not puncture
The core of the SAM® Splint is a long rectangle of 'O' temper, ultra-thin, aluminum alloy. The covering layers are made of dermatologically safe closed-pore foam.
Dimensions: 4.25" L x 3.5" (packaged diameter)
Dimensions: 4.25" W x 36" L (unrolled)
Weight: 4 oz
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
very happy. part of our K-9 IFAK.......