That's right...the Sawyer® Squeeze PointONE™ Water Filter System w/ Squeezable Pouches won the prestigious Backpacker Magazine Editors' Choice Award!
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter System is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces and ability to roll up, it takes up virtually no space in your pack. This product includes 3 pouches (0.5 L, 1 L and 2 L) that can be reused hundreds of times. A larger 2 liter capacity bag is also available.
Simply fill up the pouch of your choice at a lake, stream or river, screw the filter directly onto the pouch, then:
1) Squeeze the bag and filter water into your water bottle or container of choice.
2) Drink directly from the filter which has a built in push pull cap for on/off functions.
3) Attach the filter onto most threaded water bottles including 2 liter bottles.
The Squeeze filter is perfect for traveling abroad where tap and bottle water cannot be trusted.
- 3 Lightweight Durable Collapsible Pouches (0.5 L , 1 L, and 2 L pouch)
- 1 Sawyer 0.1 Absolute Micron Hollow Fiber Membrane Screw On/Off Water Filter
- 1 Replaceable Pop Up Drinking Spout
- 1 Cleaning Syringe
- 1 Cleaning and Maintenance Instruction
Biological Filtration: removes 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria like salmonella, cholera, and E. coli. And 6 log (99.9999%) of all Protozoa such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. You will find these removal rates to equal or exceed competitive options. EPA guidelines allow ten times more Protozoa left in the water than we allow.
Life Expectancy: 1 Million Gallons Guaranteed.
Shipping Weight: 9.4oz
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have used this filter for backpacking and find it to be very versatile. The simple design, comprehensive filtration, and ability to fit multiple containers makes it a winner. I found the squeeze pouches can be a little challenging to fill from springs that are just seeps. The narrow orifice of the pouch opening requires either a deep pool to submerge the pouch or at least a small trickle of flow to fill it. No big deal really, a small folding cup, zip lock bag or something to fill pouch would work just as well.