Celox™ Z-Fold Gauze, 10 Ft
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 100 - 399 and pay only $34.50 each
- Buy 400 - 699 and pay only $32.50 each
Current Lot Exp Date: 06/2020
Same as the CELOX™ roll gauze, but in a versatile Z-fold configuration
Celox™ has been tested on the battlefield, in clinical settings and in the laboratory. In a recent comparative study sponsored by the US military, Celox™ Gauze had the least overall blood loss, the highest survival and the highest overall hemostasis of all products. This is the latest and most extensive US military testing, carried out to review their choice of hemostatic gauze. The tests used the Department of Defense consensus model of severe arterial hemorrhage to compare directly five hemostatic gauzes.
Results are summarized below:
- 90 % survival, compared to 60 % (Combat Gauze) or 70 % (Chitogauze) in US Navy study.
- Lowest blood loss at the “platinum” ten minute point (statistically lower than Combat Gauze) as well as lowest overall blood loss.
- Celox™ had the highest overall hemostasis.
A report from Afghanistan studied 21 cases where Celox™ was used to treat gunshot wounds including neck, shoulder, upper and lower limb injuries (figure). Bleeding was life-threatening in 15 of the cases. Nearly all of the limb injuries had a tourniquet in place but continued bleeding. In every case Celox™ stopped the bleeding and in 18 cases this happened within one minute.
Field experience with a chitosan-based hemostatic dressing.
In another series, Celox™ Gauze was used successfully to control bleeding in a range of severe injuries in the conflict in Afghanistan. In all the cases, after Celox™ Gauze was used there was no leakage or re-bleeding when it was removed, up to 24 hours later.
How it Works
Celox™ controls bleeding by forming a robust clot as red blood cells react with the Celox™ agent. This occurs within minutes after the product is placed at the source of bleeding. Studies have repeatedly confirmed that Celox™ rapidly controls major arterial bleeding without the use of cautery when applied to traumatic wounds. When applied to wounds, the excess Celox™ hemostatic agent forms a gelled mass that protects the area of controlled bleeding and is easily irrigated out after Celox™ use.
Benefits and Features
* Coated gauze allows for convenient placement at source of bleeding
* Not affected by windy conditions
* Saves lives by controlling bleeding within minutes
* Works in cold conditions and with hypothermic patients
* Works on anti-coagulated blood
* No heat generation with use and no burning of tissues
* Sterile, waterproof packaging
* Easy to remove and irrigate from wound
* No scissors or shears required - tears easily to required length.
One Gauze Strip: 3" x 10' (7.6cm x 3.0M)
Dimensions: 4.25" x 6.75" x 1" (packaged)
Weight: 2.1 oz
very large size
Posted by A.Hernandez on 02 11 2015
This is a great product but is the large size. This is more for STOMP/medic bag than a IFAK.
Posted by The Duck on 02 10 2014
Really great to use for wound packing when neither compression or tourniquet work, and Rescue Essentials, gives great service, and if you want to be prepared you should have this in your kit