The Tactical Vascular Access Driver
Fast-Acting and Long-Lasting IO (intraosseous) Technology. The EZ-IO® G3 Power Driver provides immediate vascular access to the central circulation within seconds. This tool facilitates the controlled insertion of an intraosseous needle into the bone’s medullary cavity. The new EZ-IO G3 Power Driver is the next generation of intraosseous technology from Teleflex®. The new driver incorporates a fully sealed external case that houses the motor and Lithium Batteries. The G3 Power Driver is designed to provide 10 years of maintenance free shelf life and a minimum of 500 insertions. This compact model was designed specifically to provide military medical professionals, at all levels of care, a significantly enhanced portable solution for intraosseous access.
In direct response to feedback from field use the new EZ-IO Power Driver has incorporated new features such as a trigger guard to protect against inadvertent activation of the driver when stored and carried in tightly packed carts, bags or combat medical gear. The trigger guard is attached to the driver with a lanyard eliminating the need for a specialized case. Additional enhancements include a battery indicator that provides a visual warning for the operator. Designed to facilitate rapid readiness testing, the LED is non-flashing green when the batteries are at optimal performance and flashing red when 10% of the life battery life remains.
A hard case is available for storage and transportation that also fits EZ-IO needles (needles come in 15mm, 25 mm, and 45mm). Needles and case sold separately.
- Long-lasting lithium battery-power for 500 insertions
- Battery Indicator: Green= Good, Flashing Red= 10% life
- Trigger guard prevents accidental activation
- Complements EZ-IO needle sets
- Lightweight, compact, tactical black design
- Shelf Life: 10 years
Dimensions: 4.5” H x 6.5” W x 2.5” DWeight: 15 oz
- Provides vascular access within 10 seconds
- Multiple insertion sites with three needle sets
- Standard Luer-Lock catheter for fast, easy removal
- Provides clinician complete control with minimal force
- Enables medical personnel to carry necessary components for multiple insertions with a fraction of the weight