The Slishman Pressure Wrap is a highly versatile tool designed to be utilized as a pressure dressing. It can also be used as a secondary wrap, sling and more. The lightweight wrap includes an advantageous buckle that is easy to secure and allows for application around an injured limb. Compact and conforming, the wrap can be added to IFAKs, go-bags, or larger first aid kits and is useful in a wide range of environments, from tactical response to public access.
- Intuitive application with very little training required
- Minimal fine motor control / dexterity required for application
- Can be applied to adults, children, and even pets
- Finely adjustable. Tighten for bleeding control or loosen for pain control, especially after clotting and vasospasm take over
Slishman Pressure Wrap Instructions
- Lasso the injured limb and apply over the wound for direct pressure. Apply directly over the wound with proximal wrap migration for simple lacerations, or apply proximal to severe injuries to inhibit arterial flow.
- Cinch the fabric in the metal buckle to take up slack, and fasten the first wrap to the white hooks which hold the anchor bar of the buckle. Only for large legs may a tight cinch be necessary. Otherwise, aim simply for snug without pinching skin.
- Wrap the black fabric all the way to the white label.
- Secure the wrap by affixing hooks under the white label to the black fabric. Use the safety pin as well if any concern for unintended release.
- Note application time on the label.
- Adjust for pain minimization, while monitoring bleeding, pulses, sensation and motor function.
- Transport rapidly to a medical setting that is prepared to manage bleeding.
Dimensions: 4.5" H x 1.75" W x 1.5" D (folded)
Dimensions: 1.75" W x 4.5' L (open)
Weight: 1.7 oz