NAR Combat Application Tourniquet® (C-A-T®) Rescue Orange (GENERATION 7)
The C-A-T® GEN 7 has a single routing buckle system that (1) allows for extremely fast application and effective slack removal (2) Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications.
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.The NAR C-A-T® Tourniquet Pouch makes a great carrying case to keep this life saving device close at hand.
- Faster application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion
- Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications
- Increased diameter for enhanced strength
- Aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral beveled entry for rapid windlass lock
- Bilateral buttress for added strength
- Sonic welded to clip for constant contact
- Color changed to Gray for tactical considerations (Black C-A-T Only)
- Reinforced, beveled contact bar maintains the plate's integrity and decreases skin pinching
Great redesign of a proven tool!
Posted by Unknown on 01 21 2016
The Gen 7 addressed on of my issues with having a different self-application method for the arm and leg. I used it in two classes last week and the feedback has been great. I may end up replacing some of my SOFTT-W's with them.
Easier to use than the SOF device
Posted by Peter C on 03 04 2014
Comparing this to the SOF, the SOFT, the SOFTT and SOFTT-W will show you that they are really close to the same thing. The small differences that make this one my favorite is that the locking mechanism is easier to lock, and the reminder to record the time is built in with the locking steps. The SOF series devices do pack down a little smaller, but not enough so you would notice. All three colors are exactly the same device, so choose safety orange, black, or training blue. The device can be reused, so you don't need a special training device to learn how to use it, just put this one on to learn, then take it off and put it in your kit. I don't know why the blue one costs more.
Customers also viewed