Single Routing Buckle
- Faster application and effective slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion
- Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications
- Increased diameter for enhanced strength
- Aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral beveled entry for rapid windlass lock
- Bilateral buttress for added strength
- Sonic welded to clip for constant contact
- Color changed to Gray for tactical considerations (Black C-A-T Only)
- Reinforced, beveled contact bar maintains the plate's integrity and decreases skin pinching
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research
Dimensions: 37.5" L (when open)
Dimensions: 6.5" L x 2.4" W x 1.5" D (packaged)
Weight: 2.9 oz
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is an authentic CAT & is top quality.
I hope I never have to use it.
But if I do I know I can count on it to work...
High visibility tourniquet. On top of its usability, the color is perfect to stick out in forest areas (hunting, hiking, camping) or in low visibility situations such as nights or aftermath of explosions.
It is the "Gold Standard" in tourniquets, plain and simple.
Our emt on site highly recommended.
The Gen 7 addressed on of my issues with having a different self-application method for the arm and leg. I used it in two classes last week and the feedback has been great. I may end up replacing some of my SOFTT-W's with them.
Comparing this to the SOF, the SOFT, the SOFTT and SOFTT-W will show you that they are really close to the same thing. The small differences that make this one my favorite is that the locking mechanism is easier to lock, and the reminder to record the time is built in with the locking steps. The SOF series devices do pack down a little smaller, but not enough so you would notice. All three colors are exactly the same device, so choose safety orange, black, or training blue. The device can be reused, so you don't need a special training device to learn how to use it, just put this one on to learn, then take it off and put it in your kit. I don't know why the blue one costs more.