Adtemp™ 419 Hypothermia Thermometer is the world’s first digital hypothermia thermometer.
- The first digital extended range thermometer
- EXTENDED Range 78.0°F-111.9°F ±.2°F or 25.5°C - 44.3°C ±.1°C
- Replaceable 1.55v (LR41) type battery provides up to 1,500 measurements
- Clear 2 piece plastic storage case
ADTEMP HYPOTHERMIA THERMOMETER
With Fahrenheit or Celsius Reading
This thermometer conforms to all requirements stated in EN 12470-3 and ASTM E1112. Please read the instructions carefully to ensure accurate
temperatures and safe operation. When used properly, this high quality product will give you years of accurate, dependable service.
CARE AND SAFETY INFORMATION:
* Use of probe covers is recommended to help avoid spreading germs, and to keep the thermometer clean.
* Clean the thermometer tip and probe only using isopropyl alcohol or soap and water after each use.
* High, prolonged fever requires medical attention especially for young children. Please contact your physician.
* Do not allow children to take their temperatures unattended.
* Do not boil, bite, bend, drop or disassemble this thermometer.
* Do not dispose of this thermometer or its battery in fire. Please recycle the used battery
* Avoid taking temperature for 30 minutes after physical exercise, bathing, dining, and drinking hot or cold beverages.
* Always keep this thermometer away from direct sunlight, moisture, extreme temperature, and dirt while in use, storage, or transport.
* Store the unit in the protective case while not in use.
* When the ambient temperature is greater than 35°C or 95°F, immerse the probe head in cold water for approximately 5-10 seconds before normal temperature taking.
* Do not open the thermometer except to replace the battery.
* Do not allow children to walk or run during temperature taking. The rigid probe could present a hazard.
* Oral, underarm, and rectal temperatures vary by approximately 1°F (0.5°C).
* The manufacturer recommends verifying the accuracy by an authorized laboratory every two years.
* Measuring range: 26.0 °C - 43.9 °C or 78.0 °F - 111.9 °F
* Accuracy: ± 0.1 °C or ± 0.2 °F
* Power supply: 1 Button Battery 1.5 V LR41, AG3 or similar
* Weight/Dimensions: approx. 10.6g / 130mm x 15mm x 8mm
* Ambient operating temperature: 10 °C - 45 °C or 50 °F - 113 °F
* Safe-Test Alarm / Memory / Beeper
HOW TO SWITCH BETWEEN °C and °F:
* Press the control button 2 times, one right after another.
* Hold the second press down for more than 1.5 seconds.
* Symbol or appears in window display with beep.
HOW TO OPERATE:
* Press down the control button to start the thermometer. A full display ensures that the LCD window is in good function.
* The next display signals normal operation after internal safe testing is complete. Otherwise, alerts of a malfunction.
* The ambient temperature or displays on window with °C or °F blinking. The thermometer is now ready for use. The thermometer will automatically shut-off in three minutes.
* Put the probe head under the tongue, under the arm, or in the rectum; according to the methods provided. (See Methods of Use).
* When the thermometer completes its temperature reading, °C or °F stops blinking and the measured temperature displays on the LCD window with one series of beeps.
* The thermometer prolongs its process of temperature taking for the next minute. After that, the measured temperature is fixed and shown on the LCD window until auto shut-off in 9 minutes
HOW TO RECALL THE LAST TEMPERATURE:
* Keep pressing the control button down for approximately 1.5 seconds. The last temperature will be recalled on the LCD window with “M” flag appearing at the bottom right corner.
METHODS OF USE:
NOTE: Before each usage, cover thermometer probe with enclosed sheath.
*AXILLARY MEASUREMENT: (approx.15-25 seconds): Dry the armpit with a towel. Place probe head under the armpit, close arm firmly.
*ORAL USE: (approx.10-20 seconds): Place the probe head under the tongue. To assure the proper contact in mouth, close mouth and breathe normally.
Opening the mouth or improper placement of the probe tip could result in a longer time for a reading. Instruct children not to bite down on the probe.
*RECTAL USE: (approximately 10-15 seconds): Lubricate the probe head with water-soluble jelly or petroleum jelly for an easier insertion. Then, softly insert
the probe head no more than a 1/2 inch or 1.3 cm into the rectum. Do not force if resistance is encountered.
CHANGING THE BATTERY:
When the battery flag appears and blinks, it is time to change the battery. Turn thermometer over, with the label side facing the user. Pull off end cover as shown. Remove the used battery by using a non-metallic pointed object. Replace with a new 1.5V LR41, AG3 battery Cathode side (-) up. Close cover securely. WARNING: KEEP BATTERY OUT OF CHILD’S REACH. SWALLOWING BATTERY COULD BE HARMFUL. DO NOT RECHARGE OR PLACE INTO
EXTREME HEAT AS IT MAY EXPLODE.
HOW TO CLEAN / DISINFECT:
For household use, always clean and disinfect the probe head before and after each use. Mild soapy water and 70% isopropyl alcohol is recommended. Do not boil or clean in a dishwasher.
This thermometer is guaranteed for a period of 24 months from date of purchase. This warranty does not cover batteries, or damage resulting from improper handling or use. Specific legal rights stipulated in your state may guide this warranty.
Shipping Weight: 0.8 oz