As the required textbook for NAEMT's worldwide prehospital trauma life support course, Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) is the comprehensive, internationally renowned resource for learning basic and advanced prehospital trauma skills and concepts. Fully revised and updated, the 8th edition provides trauma treatment and guidelines that are proven to reduce morbidity and mortality. Tailored expressly for the military environment, the last 12 chapters of this book reflect the special considerations of the military. These unique chapters are written by the Tactical Combat Casualty Care Committee on Trauma, the leading body that oversees trauma care.
Features & Benefits
- Comprehensive, highly Illustrated, and evidence-based, covering all aspects of prehospital trauma in one convenient resource.
- Three new Military Medicine chapters add to coverage for the military environment: Joint Theater Trauma System, Treatment of Burn Casualties in TCCC, and TCCC Casualty Response Planning.
- Enhanced organization reflects the most up-to-date research and mirrors the content and presentation of the American College of Surgeons' Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Eighth Edition course.
- New Art and Science of Medicine chapter helps you build the critical thinking skills to determine the best way to manage trauma patients based on each individual situation and condition.
- Expanded chapter on Explosives and Other Weapons of Mass Destruction outlines essential steps for responding to accidents involving biological, nuclear, incendiary, chemical, or explosive agents.
- Updated Disaster Management chapter details the latest management techniques and protocols.
- Heavily illustrated presentation guides you step-by-step through essential airway, thoracic, and spinal skills.
Dimensions: 11" H x 8.5" W x 1.5" D
Weight: 3 lb 12 oz