Safer and Faster than Shears!
- New O2 key
- New polymer-coated blade
- New ballpoint to blade guide
The Talon Rescue Emergency Clothing Knife is an alternative to trauma shears and seat belt cutters, specifically designed by EMTs, paramedics, and firefighters to simultaneously remove multiple layers of clothing, racing uniforms, leathers, turnout gear, and other obstructions from a trauma patient without the use of trauma shears.
With most articles of clothing and equipment, the initial cut and repetitive motions of squeezing the shears with your thumb and finger can be unsafe, tiring, and time consuming. Shears can and sometimes do fail, and ripping can be a mess or not an option with many materials such as leather.
Access wounds quickly, safely, and easily. With a single shear-less insertion, and by using your wrist and arm, the Talon works best as you draw it away from the patient. This prevents contact and also allows the Talon to slice through materials more effectively.
- Easier to Use - Clothing is channeled to the blade with a new ballpoint-to-blade guide which widens effective cutting angle.
- Smooth Cuts - The polymer-coated blade minimizes friction for easy and even cuts.
- Purpose-Built - Patented design cuts multiple layers simultaneously including: thick jackets, leathers, and heavy uniforms like turnout gear.
- No Blade Changes - Patented, corrosion-resistant, polymer-coated blade maintains original, razor-sharp edge. Replace about half as often as shears.
- Safe - Pull away from patient to cut with minimal tension with a single insertion.
- Fast & Easy to Use - Talon features new, elevated blade angle and optimized ballpoint guide.
- Saves Hand Fatigue - Single tool makes entire cut without constant squeezing of shears.
- Effective - Razor-sharp, heavy-duty, serrated utility razor blade makes easy and even cuts.
- Rescue Use - Handle with grips for use with gloves, bright color, and ultra lightweight design.
- Strong & Lightweight - Solid ABS frame weighs only 2.3 ounces.
- Convenient - Use with Holster, Sheath, Silicon Blade Cover, or Carabiner as a carry item, or store in trauma bag.
- Inexpensive - Long-lasting, autoclavable, multi-use tool as shears, seat belt cutter and O2 wrench.
- Lower Force - Blade angle, Teflon coating, and ballpoint reduce bunching and friction vs. hook knife and other tools.
To order a band, holster or sheath, please add the Talon AND the accessory to your cart.
Dimensions: 8.5" H x 2.75" W x 0.5" D
Weight: 3 oz
Made in USA
Protected by US Patent# 6,493,946 and Patents Pending
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Looks good, high quality
Bought this for my trauma kit after watching some reviews. Never realized how big it is, but it should certainly get the job done if I need it.
Well built good tool