This is the original "straw" filter. The ultra-light, award-winning design allows you to be prepared wherever you find yourself. It is ideal for back country adventures, emergency preparedness, travel and austere environments. The straw filters out bacteria, parasites, and micro-plastics to help prevent waterborne illness. You can drink water directly from lakes, streams or rivers through the straw, or fill containers with water and drink through the straw while you're on the move. The LifeStraw does not have a shelf life and is rated to filter up to 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters) of water, enough to survive for 5 years! An affordable, dependable product for a wide variety of situations.
Download the LifeStraw user manual here.
- 99.999999% of bacteria (including E. coli)
- 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
- 99.999% of microplastics
- LifeStraw personal water filter includes mouthpiece cap, bottom cap and detachable lanyard
- Filtration technology: Hollow fiber microfiltration membrane (0.2 microns)
- Filter lifetime: 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters). Pores clog over time as filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through.
- Product Weight: 1.62 oz (0.10 lbs)
- Product Length: 9’’ x 1.20’’
- BPA Free materials
- No replaceable parts
- Hollow fiber membrane filter: 0.2 micron pore size. Removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics
- Also removes turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness)
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction
- Hollow fiber filter lifetime: 1,000 gallons (4,000 liters)
- Filtration powered by: suction
- Flow Rate: 3 liters/min
- EPA Est. No. 95395-KOR-1
- Download the LifeStraw Evidence Dossier PDF