ZOLL® Pedi-Padz II are designed for use with the ZOLL AED Plus® and AED Pro®, specifically for pediatric patients who are 8 years or younger and weigh less than 55 pounds. These pediatric defibrillation electrode pads work with ZOLL AEDs to provide the right shock for smaller patients, as ZOLL's Intelligent Pediatric Capability feature in the AED Plus and AED Pro detects that Pedi Padz II are connected and performs a pediatric ECG.
When Pedi-Padz II are connected, the AED will provide voice and text prompts to alert the person performing the rescue that the AED will detect a child's heartbeat and not an adult's. ZOLL AEDs use different algorithms and energy levels for children and adults to ensure proper and effective treatment is delivered for each patient.
Pedi-Padz II also feature a visual anatomical guide so it's easy for the rescuer to know exactly where to place the pads on the patient. Pedi-Padz II have an expiration date of at least 18 months from date of manufacture and need to be replaced when they expire to keep the AED in working order.
Pedi-Padz II Specifications
- Intelligent Pediatric Capability
- Device Energy Levels: 50, 70, 85 joules
- Patient Analysis: Analyzes based on pediatric-specific algorithm
- Backing Material: Closed Cell Polyethylene
- Conductive Gel: Hydrogel
- Conductive Element: Tin
- Connection Method: Pre-attached
- Packaging: Paper/polyfoil laminate
- Impedance Class: Low
- Length, Lead Wires: 34.0 inches / 86.4 cm
- Front Electrode
- Shape: Round
- Diameter, Total: 3.7 inches / 9.4 cm
- Area, Total: 10.75 square inches / 69.4 sq cm
- Diameter, Conductive Gel: 2.85 inches / 7.24 cm
- Area, Conductive Gel: 6.37 square inches / 41.1 sq cm
- Back Electrode
- Shape: Rectangular
- Length, Total: 5.43 inches / 13.8 cm
- Width, Total: 3.5 inches / 8.9 cm
- Area, Total: 19.0 square inches / 122.6 sq cm
- Length, Conductive Gel: 3.58 inches / 9.1 cm
- Width, Conductive Gel: 2.18 inches / 5.5 cm
- Area, Conductive Gel: 7.81 square inches / 50.3 sq cm
Pedi-Padz II are compatible with the following ZOLL AEDs: AED Pro, AED Plus.
For continuity of care once medical professionals take over, Pedi-Padz II are also compatible with the following ZOLL ALS defibrillators: E Series, M Series, R Series, X Series
If you're buying electrode pads for your AED, now would be a great time to check the status and expiration date of your battery pack, too!