Celox is a trusted name in bleeding control, and Celox-A is a specialized delivery system designed to be effective in situations where it is difficult or impossible to deliver life-saving hemostatic agents to the site of an arterial bleed.
- Treat gunshot wounds and other penetrating injuries to achieve hemostasis and prevent exsanguination.
- Celox™ - A is the "Accelerated" deployment system for Celox™ Granules
- Delivers 6g directly
- Promotes Rapid Coagulation
- Works in hypothermic conditions
- Clots heparnized blood
The first high-speed hemostatic delivery system for gunshot, blast, or stab wounds. The applicator was designed to give the caregiver a simple and effective tool to apply Celox™ to the source of severely bleeding wounds. The Celox-A™ Applicator has been integrated into thousands of IFAKs to create a comprehensive ‘bleeder’ kit for shrapnel, IED, gunshot, and knife wounds. When placed directly into a bleeding wound and subjected to pressure, Celox™ absorbs blood and forms an adhesive gel that seals the wound to stop the flow of blood. Celox™ has repeatedly and reliably demonstrated the ability to stop arterial bleeding in independent US Navy severe bleeding tests(1).
- Celox™ Hemostatics do not generate any heat, produce burning, nor does it embed itself into the wound.
- Celox™ controls hemorrhaging at all blood temperatures, even hypothermic patients.
- Celox™ blood stopping granules are lightweight, packaged in sterilized, sealed packets which are easy and fast to open.
- Clots Heparinzed Blood (works on patients taking blood thinning medications).
- Has natural antimicrobial characteristics.
- Provides a simple, quick way to stop bleeding and is particularly useful in treating difficult and deep wounds.
Dimensions: 8.5" H x 3.5" W x .75" D (packaged)
Weight: 1.2 oz
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I threw this in one of my med kits and hope to never need it. I did a lot of research on the various hemostatic dressings/agents and Celox seems to be among the top rated. Rescue Essentials has become my go-to for all things medical related. Good prices, fast shipment, A+ vendor all the way.
I feel based on recent studies, Celox is just as effective as their competitors but safer. Any granules that might be left behind are absorbed and converted to a simple sugar. Celox-A is an effective way to get to deep bleeds. I highly recommend it.