Celox™ is a trusted name in bleeding control, and Celox-A is a specialized delivery system designed to be effective in situations where it is difficult or impossible to deliver life-saving hemostatic agents to the site of an arterial bleed.
- Treat gunshot wounds and other penetrating injuries to achieve hemostasis and prevent exsanguination.
- Celox - A is the "Accelerated" deployment system for Celox Granules
- Delivers 6g directly
- Promotes Rapid Coagulation
- Works in hypothermic conditions
- Clots heparnized blood
The first high-speed hemostatic delivery system for gunshot, blast, or stab wounds. The applicator was designed to give the caregiver a simple and effective tool to apply Celox to the source of severely bleeding wounds. The Celox-A Applicator has been integrated into thousands of IFAKs to create a comprehensive ‘bleeder’ kit for shrapnel, IED, gunshot, and knife wounds. When placed directly into a bleeding wound and subjected to pressure, Celox absorbs blood and forms an adhesive gel that seals the wound to stop the flow of blood. Celox has repeatedly and reliably demonstrated the ability to stop arterial bleeding in independent US Navy severe bleeding tests(1).
- Celox Hemostatics do not generate any heat, produce burning, nor does it embed itself into the wound.
- Celox controls hemorrhaging at all blood temperatures, even hypothermic patients.
- Celox blood stopping granules are lightweight, packaged in sterilized, sealed packets which are easy and fast to open.
- Clots Heparinzed Blood (works on patients taking blood thinning medications).
- Has natural antimicrobial characteristics.
- Provides a simple, quick way to stop bleeding and is particularly useful in treating difficult and deep wounds.
Dimensions: 8.5" H x 3.5" W x .75" D (packaged)
Weight: 1.2 oz
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I threw this in one of my med kits and hope to never need it. I did a lot of research on the various hemostatic dressings/agents and Celox seems to be among the top rated. Rescue Essentials has become my go-to for all things medical related. Good prices, fast shipment, A+ vendor all the way.
I feel based on recent studies, Celox is just as effective as their competitors but safer. Any granules that might be left behind are absorbed and converted to a simple sugar. Celox-A is an effective way to get to deep bleeds. I highly recommend it.