When you are faced with an injury or sudden illness in a remote location, it is vital to know how to respond. Wilderness First Aid: Emergency Care in Remote Locations, Fifth Edition is a comprehensive reference to help you out when the unexpected happens in the backcountry. This book is a must for outdoor recreationists and those who live or work in remote locations. It provides information on how to handle common injuries and illnesses when medical care is an hour or more away. Easy to follow, essential reference directs you through the most appropriate type of care for the situation at hand. Includes 484 pages of detailed information.
- Coverage of the 2015 CPR and ECC Guidelines
- New content on first aid and emergency care for dogs
- Decision tables that provide a concise summary of what signs to look for and what treatment steps to take
- Skill Sheets that offer step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important skills
- Flowcharts that reinforce the decision-making process and appropriate procedures
- A refined table of contents for focused learning and quick reference
- This text is the official collaboration between the Wilderness Medical Society, the largest membership society in the world devoted to wilderness medical issues, and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dimensions: 9" H x 6" W x 1.5" D