**This Product Cannot Be Shipped Internationally
NSN# 6515-01-521-7976 (Black)
NSN# 6515-01-612-7129 (Orange)
The fastest, safest, most effective prehospital tourniquet!
Exceeds the new ANSI/ISEA Z308.1-2021 Standard for tourniquets!
The Combat Application Tourniquet®, introduced to U.S. Army in 2005 is a true one-handed tourniquet, widely credited with decreasing mortality rates due to extremity exsanguination by 85%. After an exhaustive study, the U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
Following extensive field reviews, the CAT GEN7 has been completely re-designed, making it the most effective Combat Application Tourniquet to date. The new CAT GEN7 is simpler to use thanks to a single application protocol, single buckle routing system and further improvements to its components and construction.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253
Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army's Institute of Surgical Research
The CAT Tourniquet is also available in a Blue Trainer version and in is included in the Tactical Medic Kit, Mutual Aid Trauma (MAT) Kit, Advanced Patrol Officer's Trauma Kit, EDC (Every Day Carry) IFAK , CFAK (Compact IFAK) and FLAT IFAK, and many other Rescue Essentials kits.
Dimensions: 6.5" H x 2.4" W x 1.5" D (packaged)
Dimensions: 37.5" H (open)
Weight: 3.04 oz
The Combat Application Tourniquet was first fielded by USSOCOM in 2004 and by conventional forces in 2005. In the early years of the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) and prior to the implementation of modern prefabricated tourniquets, the death rate from extremity exsanguination ("bleeding out") was calculated at 23.3 deaths annually. After full implementation of the CAT Tourniquet, this number was reduced to 3.5 deaths per year. This represents an astounding 85% decrease in mortality. In 2005 the Combat Application Tourniquet was selected as one of the Army’s top 10 greatest inventions and is recognized as one of the foremost advancements in pre-hospital care during the GWOT with an estimated 1,850 lives saved.
Ongoing thorough analysis of all deaths from extremity hemorrhage has produced evidence-based tourniquet improvements. This approach yields critical device improvements, including five refinements in the design of the Combat Application Tourniquet over the last decade. These enhancements focus on maximizing the effectiveness of the device while minimizing morbidity.
Continuous interface with end-users and researchers, literature review and tourniquet applications in both real world and simulated high stress tactical environments, have made it clear that despite tremendous success, tourniquet knowledge gaps exist in the following areas:
(1) single verses double routing of the band, and
(2) Importance of slack removal prior to engaging the windlass. Closing these gaps will be accomplished through device enhancements, knowledge products and focused training.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) featuring the proprietary red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The innovations in the C-A-T are protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
Dimensions: 6.5" H x 2.4" W x 1.5" D
Weight: 3.04 oz
44 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Gold standard tourniquet in original factory seal at a good price. Happy all around!
is good. very nice. yes
Haven't used yet fits my IFAK perfectly.
It's a bit on the expensive side as you can make a tourniquet at home, but I highly doubt any quick-made tourniquet will be near as good as this one!
This is the best tourniquet I’ve ever purchased. I bought some Recon Medical, which are garbage, then bought what I thought were these on Amazon, also garbage. These might actually save a life, also great for training.
Top of the line medical grade. Reliable, small footprint, always keep this in my emergency kit.
What more is there to say? just get it. put it in the Leo car first aide kit
Always happy with the service and products, would recommend